Monday 28 May 2012

Thou cream-faced loon...!

Do you think I look a little simple in this photo? That wasn't why I posted it but looking at it now, the phrase that springs to mind is the one used by Macbeth when he calls one of his servants a "cream-faced loon".

The reason I actually posted the photo was because it was a moment of stillness today, which doesn't seem to happen that often in my life. I had an appointment to see my G.P. this evening and I left work with so much time to spare that I decided to park my bike up and go for a cup of tea in Bute Park.

The weather was so beautiful and it was a joy to just stop and watch the world go by. I could have stayed on in work another half an hour but I'd hit a wall by late afternoon and needed a change of scenery. I'm so glad that I didn't stay on, otherwise I'd have been rushing to get to my appointment. As it was, I relaxed, sipped my tea and then had a leisurely ride along the river to Grangetown where my doctor has his surgery. I should do it more often; a perfect end to the working day.

Shame about the stupid photo...
Today's run at 18:08
Distance5.04 kmTime28:23
Pace5:38 min/kmCadence79 spm
Comments: Warm and sunny.

3 comments: