Wednesday 16 May 2012

Sometimes, no other word will do...

I was waiting for the Number 7 this afternoon, looking forward to getting home and enjoying this unseasonably good weather. The bus was running late and those waiting with me began tutting. It seemed that I wasn't the only one keen to escape the centre of Cardiff for the cool breeze of Cardiff Bay and beyond.

Just as we'd all but given up hope, a bus rounded the corner. Could this be the elusive Number 7, I thought. I squinted into the sunshine to see if I could read the number on the front panel but, as it drew closer, it became evident that the front panel was blank; no number and no destination.

The bus stopped and I tentatively walked forward to ask if this was, indeed, the Number 7. Other passengers seemed to have the same idea, as I wasn't the only one to move toward the bus. We'd none of us walked more than a step or two when the bus pulled off. Did he not see us?

As he began to round the next corner but before disappearing out of sight, the rear panel became illuminated with the elusive number 7.

What a cunt!
Today's run at 17:04
Distance5.02 kmTime28:39
Pace5:42 min/kmCadence81 spm
Comments: Bright and sunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment