Monday 14 May 2012

Soup, painkillers and antibiotics...

I have a problem with a dental implant where the crown has become loose and is digging into my gum. The gum has become inflamed and the whole right side of my upper jaw is aching and I can't bite.

This is not fun. I rang my dentist this morning for an appointment but he's not well so I saw another dentist at the practice this afternoon who tried but failed to remove the crown.

They think that my dentist will be back on Wednesday and they are hoping that I can see him then for him to try and remove it. I hope so. Until that date, I'm living on soup, painkillers and antibiotics.

Dental pain really is the worst kind of pain...
Today's run at 17:55
Distance5.01 kmTime27:50
Pace5:34 min/kmCadence80 spm
Comments: Bright and sunny.

2 comments:

  1. I agree my friend. I've recently visited the dentist after an embarrassing15 year break and was rewarded with a menu of 4 fillings and a crown. My next visit to sort two of the fillings was quite stressful due to my babyish fear of the mouth-monger but it was ok. Not looking forward to the crown though! Chin up boyo.
    The Valley Boy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, hid from my dentist for a couple of years and when I did next visit, needed a lot of work. The regular checkups, despite the phobia are worth it. As for your up and coming crown, once done will be well worth it.

    ReplyDelete