Thursday 17 May 2012

I'm so sorry...

I'd like to apologise to the man I punched this evening in the swimming pool. I'd like to set the record straight immediately by saying that this was an accident rather than me losing my rag and venting my fury in physical form. Far from it; I was enjoying a rather pleasant swim.

The pool was packed and I was sharing a lane with two rather large women. One of them was doing breast stroke and her arms were rather long in proportion to her body; she reminded me of a sloth. When swimming, her reach seemed to take up most of the lane. Whenever we passed each other I swam tight to the other lane rope, giving her the space she needed.

On one of our crosses, as I lifted my left arm and stretched it forward, ready to enter the water and pull me on, my fist struck an oncoming swimmer in the next lane. My knuckles cracked as my fist and his face connected. At first, I couldn't figure out what had happened but glancing back I could see lots of spluttering before he righted himself and continued swimming.

As I left the pool he shot me a glare which I returned by silently mouthing, "Sorry..." and apologetically shrugging my shoulders.He stared back, unmoved by my apology.

2 comments:

  1. Not a sloth, how unnerving!

    If everyone stuck to doggy paddle, things would be a lot safer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. True. I'd rather the solution be that they widen the lanes and give us a bit more room. x

    ReplyDelete