Friday 25 May 2012

Chavs and scallies...

Is it perverted of me to think that one of the benefits of this wonderful weather we're having right now is the amount of male flesh on show? Most of it, admittedly, is chav flesh and scally flesh but a welcome sight all the same.

Whilst out running through the Bay tonight I passed two different groups of lads in their 20s; tops off, broad grins and jeans slung low. I nearly knocked myself out looking at the first group by almost running into a lamppost. That wouldn't have done what little street cred I have any good.

Running past the second group a kilometer on, I couldn't help but notice how relaxed and at ease they were. Much easier and more comfortable in their skins than I ever was or, for that matter, could ever hope to be. I was envious.

You'd expect education and culture to bring you a certain poise and surety but the easy confidence exuded by these guys knock my efforts into touch.
Today's run at 17:17
Distance5.03 kmTime28:47
Pace5:42 min/kmCadence80 spm
Comments: Warm and sunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment