Monday 21 May 2012

Finally...

It seems that summer has finally arrived. Cardiff basked in sunshine throughout today; hazy at times but sunshine nonetheless. After what has seemed like the longest spell of cold and damp weather ever, today's warmth was a tonic.

I cycled into work today, which always puts me in a good mood and, although I didn't get much of a chance to enjoy the sun on my face during the day, it was pleasant to emerge into it at home time this evening. My journey home was a joy in the warm breeze, made all the more pleasant by my bike ride back to the Bay.

And for tonight's run, I decided to try a course I'd never run before; the final leg of which saw me jogging down Boy George (Lloyd George) Avenue in the dappled sunshine. It certainly puts a spring in your step.

I finally topped today off with a new potato and egg salad in my determination to enjoy this long awaited seasonal weather. Well, you never know how long it's gonna last.
Today's run at 18:05
Distance5.01 kmTime27:28
Pace5:29 min/kmCadence81 spm
Comments: Bright and sunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment