Saturday 17 September 2011

What in tarnation...?

Cardiff International Pool was closed today, which meant that I didn't go for my usual dip. They were open between 7:00am and 8:00am but I was fast asleep until long after that window had closed. I would have gone to Maindy Swimming Pool but the frequent showers of rain kept me indoors for most of the day.

So, after a little light dusting and a liberal squirt with Mr Muscle here and there, I've occupied myself by drinking ginger and lemon green tea and staring at a computer screen.  Facebook status updates and the various tweets being chirped throughout the Twitterverse have virtually been my only contact with reality today. I did venture out on my bike once to the supermarket and got drenched. I hate days like this.

It seems I'm not the only person feeling trapped. One story to prick my interest (via @matted1) was the story of Tracy Trasancos who is "too disgusted by gays to leave the house". Where do these lunatics get their ideas from? On her blog she states, “I find myself unable to even leave the house anymore without worrying about what in tarnation we are going to encounter".

What in tarnation, indeed...?

No comments:

Post a Comment