Wednesday 21 September 2011

The best cure for holiday blues...

I know that I've only recently come back from holiday but they do say that the best cure for holiday blues is to book the next holiday. So that's what I've done; I've booked a week in Fuerteventura in November after seeing a good deal online - a deal that was way too good to miss. So, I'm excited. It's only two months away and I can almost feel the sun on my butt.

This holiday is a totally different type of holiday to my last. My last holiday saw me running around Istanbul, visiting this mosque or that palace; whereas this holiday is one where I lie on a beach for a week doing absolutely nothing except being lazy. So, as I swam tonight; there was no planning of what to see and dreaming of what it'll be like there. No. I've been to Fuerteventura so many times in the past, I've seen most of what there is to see (sand, rock and aloe vera plants). All that I could dream of whilst I swam tonight was that lovely feeling of the sun on my back - and that will be all the sweeter in that dark and dank month of November.

Curiously, I don't do that much swimming when I go to Fuerteventura. Yes, I'll splash about in the sea whilst the fishies nibble me and yes I'll do the odd length of the hotel pool but it's not the sort of swimming you'd do for exercise. It is quite literally a splash - an enjoyable splash but no more.

Instead, however, I will run. Not huge distances; just a little over 3km every day about 5:00pm. That way, I don't start drinking until the evening! Having been there so many times before, there is no running route for me to work out as I've done it countless times. I could run it with my eyes shut.

I'll be ready for a bit of Canarian sun come November.

No comments:

Post a Comment