Monday 11 June 2012

Sur la plage...

After slathering myself in SPF30, I caught the bus to Faro de Maspolomas this morning and then walked back to the gay beach in the 30C+ heat. It seemed very quiet there and then I realised that it was only just after 10:30. The gays had hardly woken. When they did, it didn´t take long for things to get started and soon the boys arrived.

AussieBum swimwear is in this season, so it seems, with every home essential on the beach sporting a pair (and some of them boys sport them very well). I say, "every home essential" but not quite; I stuck to my Andrew Christians, cos I´m a class act, see...!

I fell asleep on the beach, probably because it was so warm with just a hint of a breeze to soothe me. Or maybe it was the amount of vodka I managed to put away last night? Anyway, I woke up to the beginning of a burn and so went for a swim in the sea to cool me down.

At about 15:00 I decided to start the 4km trek home. It was quite subtle at first but very soon I started to ache - with every step taken I stiffened up more and more. My legs, my arms, my kneck, even my butt. By the time I reached my room all I could manage was to collapse on the sofa. Here I slept until 17:30.

Feeling a little revived, I decided to go for a run. Big mistake; after about 500m I was aching and panting and sweating profusely. This was one of the hardest runs I have ever done. Every joint and muscle were seizing up. It felt like flu. Is this what sun stroke feels like?

Back in my room now, having hurled myself in the hotel pool as soon as I returned to bring my temperature down. There´s nothing a cooling splash followed by an ice cold San Miguel can´t cure. All the same, an easy one tonight, methinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment