Saturday 16 June 2012

GC to UK in 20 degrees...

And so back to dear old Blighty; from 33C to 13C in under 4 hours. From a cloudless blue sky from dusk to dawn to this bland wall to wall greyness we've come to accept as the British summer.

But let's not dwell on the negative things; such as the man next to me on the plane who found fault with every other passenger (from the young girl listening to music through headphones to the man who had to be helped on in a wheelchair) and then the female cashier in M&S in Cardiff railway station who told me off for moving 4 steps away from my suitcase, warning me that it could be a bomb - I assured her that it wasn't but she quoted something about the Olympics and we must be vigilant...!

Despite my anxieties about holidaying in such a commercial resort as Playa del Ingles, I must admit to having a bit of a blast there. There was lots of time to relax on the gay beach during the day (with some lovely scenery to take in!) and lots of cafes, restaurants, bars and clubs to visit at night. All in all a fun and relaxing 7 days. I'd go back.

As much as I'm looking forward to sleeping in my own bed tonight, I shall shut out the sounds of the June gales and driving rain and picture in my mind's eye the positive memories of my holiday - in particular the abiding images I have burned on my retina:

The two waiters at Construction Bar strutting their stuff up and down the street. Looking so serious, chasing people up and down outside. Guaranteed to raise a smile every time.



Oh and for them that's interested, I've now added images from Gran Canaria into the previous 7 posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment