Wednesday 27 June 2012

Happy Birthday...

A year ago today I wrote the first post for this blog, with a challenge to myself to write an entry every day for six months. Six months came and went and I now find myself, 366 posts later, writing the 367th on the blog's first birthday.

Whether it's my birthday or Christmas day,  whether I'm on holiday, hungover or ill, I've managed to keep it going; I haven't missed a day. Writing a post every day has been fun sometimes, frustrating sometimes but interesting always. I guess when I started, I realised that this would be the case. There are days when this blog virtually writes itself and other days when I sit and stare at the screen for hours on end with not a thought in my head.

I'd be the first to admit that some posts are better written and more entertaining than others. I guess this is understandable when you sit down every night, often, with little idea of what you're going to write about. There are so many elements that need to come together and in the right mix. Often a good idea for a post is badly executed and sometimes a not so good idea is lifted by good writing. And, as an exercise about having to write something every day, I've gained quite a lot of insight about me and my approach to writing.

So what does the future hold for The Scarperer? Well, I won't be blogging every day; in its second year, I'd like to write because I want to rather than because I have to write. I want to understand how that changes what I write and how I approach things. I've also been thinking of introducing some audio blogs. Finally, every post will be accompanied by a link, 1 Year Ago, pointing to the post written (you guessed it) 1 year ago. And so, without further ado...

1 Year Ago:Nothing but an orthotic wearing, high arched, under pronator...

No comments:

Post a Comment