Monday 18 June 2012

Get a Garmin...

Tonight's run was a bit of a lardy legged affair. I think I'm feeling a little under the weather; I began to get a sore throat on the last day of my holiday. It has stayed with me ever since and been joined by a headache, spotty skin, cold sore, upset stomach and aching joints. All of them quite mild but fatiguing all the same. Perhaps tonight's run was a mistake?

You may be wondering what happened to the running while I was away. After all, there have been no mentions of any runs and no green inked summaries at the bottom of any post since before I left for my holiday over a week ago. Indeed, it seems absent from the agenda.

I can assure you I did go running every day whilst on holiday; even after 6pm in the evening, the heat was killing and the sweat just poured off me. I would stagger the last kilometer and then dive into the coolness of the hotel pool. Tonight's run, while being a doddle compared to those Canarian runs in 30C or more, was still a bit of a tough slog but that, as I say, I put down to my state of health.

The reason there is no green inked summary at the bottom of each post is because my Garmin Forerunner 610 running watch decided to act up and, instead, play silly buggers with me. It would discharge rather than charge, then it couldn't connect to my foot pod and then it couldn't locate any satellites - a bit useless for a GPS running watch, really?

Again, on tonight's run, it wouldn't connect with my foot pod and did not stop when I pressed the stop button at the end of my run. A teensy bit useless. Get a Garmin - my arse!

No comments:

Post a Comment