Saturday 16 July 2011

It's just not cricket...

I had intended to go for a swim today. However, Cardiff International Pool was closed all day, as was Maindy Pool, as was Splott Pool. I gave up and decided to sit on my great arse eating Belgian chocolate truffles all afternoon go for a run instead. Today's run was shorter than my usual run because I've arranged to go for a run tomorrow with a mate of mine from Bristol. And to get me back into my normal schedule, I'll probably go for a run on Monday also.

My original intention was to go for a run last night after work but, instead, I got invited to the cricket at the SWALEC stadium and so went there straight after work. What I know about cricket you could write on the back of a postage stamp, three times over, in crayon, using only your feet. I didn't see much of the match as I stayed in the corporate hospitality lounge - not that there was that much of a match to see, given the squally showers that littered the evening. Having said that, it was a pleasant evening talking to friends and meeting new people.

So, how come three of the city's public pools are closed on a Saturday afternoon? Have Cardiff City Council passed a by-law which prohibits swimming on a weekend, or are they just a bit dim, short sighted and disorganised...?

No comments:

Post a Comment