Saturday 28 April 2012

Last meals...

There's a picture gallery published in the Guardian online today entitled Death Row Last Meals. The meals are nothing special in themselves but are loaded with meaning, given they are the requested last meals of those about to be executed.

Of course, last meals are not restricted to those on death row; at some point in our lives we'll all consume a last meal - even if it is liquidised and delivered through a tube. The only difference being that, for the majority of us, we won't know it's our last meal and so it won't hold any significance. Perhaps there's a lesson there about eating well and savouring every mouthful.

What would my last meal be, if I had a choice? As a starting point, I would have to think what my favorite foods are. So, in no particular order:
Peas
Bread
Cheese
Beetroot
Olives
Milk
Porridge
Eggs
Tomatoes
Onions
Bananas
Garlic
Butter
Green Beans
Mushrooms
Gherkins
Red Wine
I can't think of a meal that would contain all of the above. I guess I could just order all of them and graze throughout my last evening.
Today's run at 8:14
Distance5.02 kmTime27:35
Pace5:30 min/kmCadence82 spm
Comments: Grey and blustery.

No comments:

Post a Comment