Wednesday 11 April 2012

Bobbing along...

I said in last Sunday's post that "swimming in a virtually empty 50m pool is the perfect opportunity to ponder the big moral questions that face us". Tonight's rather crowded splash in a 25m pool was not spent thinking about anything earth shattering but rather something as mundane as the appropriateness of buoyancy aids in a family pool.

When I was here last Sunday, I was having a shower after my swim when a youngish man passed with an inflatable buoyancy aid tucked under his arm. At first glance, I thought I was seeing things; I did a double take. No I wasn't seeing things. There he was as bold as brass. I have to admit it did make me smile... but then, I'm not a parent with two inquisitive kids who are always asking embarrassing questions.

Was it an inflatable shark or maybe an inflatable killer whale or perhaps an inflatable crocodile? No. You guessed; it was an inflatable doll. That's right, with a fully inflated female doll tucked neatly under his arm, this guy strolled about the pool, like he was carrying a swan rubber ring. He even passed a number of pool attendants but they didn't even bat an eyelid.

Next week, I may wear my mankini, just for laughs...

No comments:

Post a Comment