Wednesday 2 November 2011

A new variety of Krispy Kreme...

Tonight's run was brought to you by a distance of 4.09 km, a time of 21'50" resulting in a pace of  5'20". It was an uneventful run, which almost didn't happen because my devious, evil twin, inner voice almost tricked me into not going. My inner voice is very reasonable and has no problem summoning 1001 plausible reasons not to run. I have to stick my fingers in my ears and sing, "La la la, la la, la la la..."

Whilst running I passed a man in a raincoat who looked a lot like Frank Bough. Frank Bough was a BBC TV presenter whose career took a nose dive after allegations of his cocaine taking and lingerie wearing  at parties became public (he went up in my estimation). In his heyday during the late 70s and early 80s, he used to present an early evening magazine programme for the BBC called Nationwide.

After a cookery demonstration one evening by Fanny Craddock (pictured) and Johnny, her helper and husband, where they showed the viewers how to make doughnuts, the camera cut back to Frank for the link to the next item. After thanking the couple he turned to camera and cheerily proclaimed, "And I hope that all your doughnuts turn out like Fanny's..."

Here he is performing There is Nothing Like a Dame with Morcambe & Wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment