Saturday 12 November 2011

The highs and the lows...

Let's start with the lows so I can end on a high. Actually, there's only one low and that is that I had to return my Nike+ GPS Sportwatch yesterday and get my money back. I really liked the watch but there seems to be a problem with the Nike+ website; after functioning perfectly well for a time it then ceases to upload runs to the website.

From reading the Nike+ Forum this fault seems to be with the website rather than the watch and has been grumbling on for the last six months. Six months is a long time to suffer these problems because the functionality is limited on the watch itself; it is only when the results are uploaded to the website that the functionality comes into its own.

When I spoke to the staff at the Nike shop in Cardiff, they said that Nike were looking to get this resolved in the new year. That's a long time to wait to upload your runs. I asked for my money back. I'm not the only one to return the watch. Nike are losing both money and credibility over this.

And the highs...? Well, as much as I love to run in the Cardiff drizzle (and I really do) I sometimes fancy a change: to run in broad daylight with the sun on my back is such a temptation in the dank November weather. And, hey presto, Bob's your uncle (Fanny's your aunt); tonight that is exactly what I did tonight.

A lovely run in my short shorts and running vest, sunglasses on and a bit sweaty from a run in 25C, I stripped and dived into the pool for a bit of a cool down. I'm now sat on my balcony with an ice cold vodka and coke typing this (and looking somewhat stern - must be the vodka).

Early this morning, I boarded a flight for (cheap and cheerful) Fuerteventura and by lunchtime I was sat by the pool. Ahead of me I have a week of sun, sand and sea air. A week where I can do what I want when I want. I'm sure it will pass in a flash.

No comments:

Post a Comment