Sunday 21 August 2011

Retail therapy...

I went shopping at Asda this morning. The service was a bit shoddy and the assistant a bit patronising (in his determination to give me the right answer he neglected to listen to my question). I left the shop feeling a little frustrated. Well... quite a lot frustrated!

Later, I visited Zara to return some t-shirts I'd bought online and the process for trying to get an exchange was impossible; apparently (so I was informed), Zara online and Zara in the Hight Street are two completely different and seperate companies (I pointed out that this was despite having identical stock, pricing structure and logo). Again, it would be an understatement to give the impression that I left the shop a little unhappy.

I thought about these two incidents, with their Alice-In-Wonderland logic whilst swimming today, comparing them with a completely different experience I'd had at the Apple Store. Now, I don't need an iPad; I don't need another computer but I visited the Apple Store during my lunch hour late last week and somehow managed to leave clutching a shiny new iPad.

As I completed my lengths of the pool today (somehow, really hard going), I played back the conversation between the Apple Store assistant and I; it was natural and easy, the sales process was smooth and quick and the entire interaction reflected the Apple branding exactly.

It was a delight from beginning to end; an expensive delight but a delight nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment