Monday 6 February 2012

Madonna Louise Ciccone...

I've never been a huge fan of Madge. Yes, I've got her greatest hits albums; yes, I saw her Confessions Tour here in Cardiff and yes, I've recently dedicated myself to Kabbalah and adopted a little boy from Malawi.

Last night Madonna took to the stage for the Super Bowl XLVI halftime show. The show opened with a Roman theme complete with several legions of dancers and (via Vogue, Music, Give Me All Your Luvvin', Open Your Heart, Express Yourself and Like a Prayer) ended with a sort of Gospel/Wicked Witch of the West theme.

There was much anticipation in the build up and much excitement during her 13 minute performance. Twitter went crazy with 12,233 tweets per second; her fans tweeting in wild excitement and her detractors raining scorn on her parade. There were tweets crowning her the empress of pop music and others bitching about her lip synching.

Me? I didn't watch it last night but, rather, caught it on You Tube tonight. All I'd say is, for a 53 year old, twice married, mother of four, she's doing OK.
Today's run at 18:00
Distance4.00 kmTime22:13
Pace5:33 min/kmCadence81 spm
Comments: Overcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment