Sunday 19 February 2012

54321...

I woke up early this morning; earlier than I'd ideally like for a Sunday, anyway. There's only one course of action when you are awake at 7am on the weekend and that's to go for a run. I'm not a huge fan of morning runs but they have their advantages: few people, little traffic and often good weather.

This morning's run took in Cardiff's Boy George Avenue (Lloyd George Av for the uninitiated). The sky was blue, the sun was shining and there was so little traffic I could have run on the road, however, there were quite a few people about - more than I'd expect for 8am on a Sunday morning.

I counted 5 people who looked as if they were walking into work, 4 people out walking their dogs, 3 joggers, 2 guys in t-shirts doing the walk of shame home and 1 guy on a bike with a fishing rod.

Imagine; if I hadn't woken up early I'd've missed all that...
Today's run at 07:52
Distance4.02 kmTime22:52
Pace5:42 min/kmCadence81 spm
Comments: Cold, clear and sunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment