Friday 23 March 2012

Time...

Tonight's run was glorious; the weather was warm and the sun was shining. Tonight's run was glorious for other reasons in addition to the weather. Tonight's run was glorious because today I finished work, not just for the weekend but also for a whole of next week.

It really is the most beautiful feeling in the world, poised at the top of a hard won slope that means I won't need to climb again until April 2nd when I return to work. However, as with all holidays, time will rush by at a breakneck pace; faster than the neutrinos in the Hadron Collider.

What is it about our perception of time? Next week will race by for me, whereas for you it may drag. If only we could control it and crank it up or wind it down as we liked. Do I really want such control? Mmmmm... That phrase favoured by my mother warning me about wishing my life away is bouncing around my head.

Theories of General Relativity aside and as far as I can measure, I know that we mark time in even units of a set period. However my experience screams the contrary; time bends with age, enjoyment and hard work. Why is it that this next week will fly by disobeying any logic? I'm not asking for it to crawl. No. All I'm asking is that time plays fair and passes at its usual work week moderate plod.
Today's run at 18:13
Distance4.01 kmTime21:12
Pace5:17 min/kmCadence80 spm
Comments: Sunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment