Thursday 22 March 2012

Slapheads...

I'm not bald but my hair is thinning and receding a little. I don't much care about it; I'm a happy slaphead. For men it's a natural part of the aging process. The only attention I pay is to ensure that it looks neat. As such, I have it buzzed short. I don't think a comb over would suit me, anyway.

I read on the BBC that scientists may have found a clue as to why men lose their hair when they get older. They've found that levels of a protein called prostaglandin D synthase are elevated in the cells of hair follicles located in bald patches on the scalp, but not in hairy areas.

Scientists are not sure if inhibiting this protein will stop the baldness or reverse it. I can't help thinking that there are far more important conditions worthy of investigation than pandering to the vanity of a few bald men.

If, like me, you don't really care whether they cure baldness today, tomorrow or never, you might want to take a look at the Slaphead Society.
Today's run at 18:06
Distance4.01 kmTime21:26
Pace5:21 min/kmCadence80 spm
Comments: Clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment