Saturday 24 March 2012

Never say never...

I never sleep through alarms; when my alarm goes off every morning, I never hit snooze but leap out of bed - I've never had a problem with waking up. Until, that is, this morning, when I slept through not one but two alarms and was awoken by my taxi for the airport. There's nothing like leaving for a holiday in a blind panic, unsure whether you've packed everything.

I arrived at the airport in a bit of a daze, resigned to the probability that I'd be buying a lot of things that I should have packed, had I gotten up in time. Two items I'd already identified in my cab journey as missing: flip flops and a backpack - essential for a beach holiday. I bought another pair of flip flops at the airport and another backpack once I'd unpacked at my hotel.

Settling in on the plane, with my heart rate finally returning to normal, I looked around at my fellow passengers. Fuck me, if chavism was an Olympic event, us Welsh would be assured a gold come the summer. The air was crackling with the static from the man made fibres and I don't think anyone had a full set of teeth.

Sitting down on my balcony as I write this (post hottie ogling at the beach, post sweaty 26C run, post cool swim in the hotel pool) with a large vodka and coke and watching the sun set, I am as far removed from the day's stressful start as I ever will be. I never sleep through alarms...
Today's run at 17:43
Distance4.02 kmTime22:43
Pace5:39 min/kmCadence80 spm
Comments: Warm & sunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment