Tuesday 11 October 2011

The men's underpants special edition...

I was pulling on my shorts to go running tonight when I noticed a tear in the in-built underpants. Such a shame as they're one of my favorite pairs of shorts. They'll last for a few runs more but they've had their day. I'll soon have to throw them out or run the risk of chafing or even worse; suffer the indignity of a wardrobe mafunction. I guess I could turn them into dusters like my gran. Anyway, it got me thinking about yesterday's post as I ran.

In yesterday's post, I wrote that after a night on the tiles celebrating my birthday on Sunday I'd spent yesterday "lying on the sofa, watching TV and eating Weetabix, wearing nothing but underpants, flip flops and an old fleece top." And a couple of you picked up on the fact that I'd been lolling about in my underpants. Nobody questioned the flip flops, the fleece top nor the Weetabix but several of you mentioned the underpants.

I must admit that I was a little perplexed because whenever I'm home that is what I wear: flip flops, underpants and a fleece top in the autumn and winter. I know some of you buy sweatpants to lounge about in but, given that I live alone I don't see the point. I should point out that my underpants for lounging around the house are not the underpants that I've worn to work and they're not the underpants that I'd change into were I going out. No. These are underpants that I've bought for the express purpose of lounging about at home. My work underpants are Calvin Kleins whilst my going out underpants are AussieBums. My lounging about underpants are Lonsdales. I would never dream of wearing one of the above sets of underpants on an occasion for which they were not bought.

I once started a facebook group called I Like Walking Around the House in my Underpants... It was a bit of a joke that no-one got (I guess the joke's on me) but, please, feel free to join if, like me, you lounge about at home in your pants.

I've given away far too much personal information in this post but I think we know each other well enough now...

No comments:

Post a Comment