Monday 30 January 2012

Memory...

My memory is now so bad that I've reached the stage where, not only can I not remember why I walked into a room but, by the time I get to the end of my question asking myself why, I've forgotten the beginning of the question. I fear that one night my heart will forget to beat; yes, one day even homeostasis (look it up) might fail me as my memory already has done.

It didn't used to be that way. Time was when I never wrote anything down; my memory was like chiseling into granite. I never needed a diary nor that 1980s fashion must have, a Filofax. Dental appointments, birthdays and holidays were burned into my brain. Those days are sadly gone.

My dad had Alzheimer's and they say it has a genetic aspect so I guess I'm at increased risk. Imagine my delight then to score 90% (I'm counting that as a good score) in this online memory experiment in the Guardian.

Go on, you know you want to... but you only have until Tuesday Jan 31st 2012.
Today's run at 17:59
Distance4.03 kmTime21:18
Pace5:17 min/kmCadence82 spm
Comments: Cold. Cloudy.

No comments:

Post a Comment