Wednesday 18 January 2012

Fashion accessory...

Gone are the days (by and large) of intolerance towards gay men. Time was when we checked who else was listening before we started conversations, when we avoided crowds for fear of discovery, when we lowered our voices to discuss certain sensitive subjects. We even had our own coded language.

Nowadays, we can discuss our lives in the same way heterosexuals discuss their lives: in public and without fear of reproach. However, this new found liberation comes at a cost; for some heterosexuals, the acquaintance of a gay man is a feather in their caps.

Most of my straight friends treat me like any other friend but occasionally I meet someone who wants to appropriate me and I sometimes feel like I'm no more than a fashion accessory. By way of an explanation of what I mean, here's a video entitled, Shit Girls Say to Gay Guys.
Today's run at 17:57
Distance4.02 kmTime21:40
Pace5:23 min/kmCadence82 spm
Comments: Cloudy. Drizzle.

No comments:

Post a Comment