Wednesday 14 December 2011

Wouldn't you like to have fun...?

I treated myself to an Apple TV unit yesterday. What an exquisite bijou thing of absolute loveliness it is ...and that's before you do anything practical like plugging it in.

For those of you who've not yet stumbled upon it; it takes nano seconds to configure and allows you to access film rentals, your iTunes library, You Tube, vimeo, flickr and (via your iPad2 or iPhone 4s) BBC iPlayer all through your TV.

Picture quality is good (surprisingly good for You Tube), menus are intuitive and it's so simple and easy to use that even I can use it. At £99 it's a give away. It fills that gap in my life that, were I a practicing Christian, would be filled with love and admiration for the baby Jesus.

And in other news...

In some wild moment of abandon a few months ago when my sanity had left me bereft of my senses, I agreed to a karaoke night as part of my team's Christmas party. When I made this agreement, that night was a long way away. That night is now this Friday.

If I said to you that I'd been practicing for weeks; that I and my dancers knew the routine like the backs of our jazz hands and that I'd tonight finally finished hand stitching every last sequin on to my spangly scene stealing costume, I'd be lying.

And so I now find myself dreading that moment when on Friday night I'm bullied into position to sing some R&B number made famous by someone who came third on X Factor in 2009.

Alternatively, I could always do this...!
Today's run at 17:59
Distance4.28 kmTime22:44
Pace5:19 min/kmCadence83 spm

No comments:

Post a Comment